5.13.2009

Back in the day...


OK, so about 13 years ago, before I moved to Utah, I worked here. It's the Polynesian Resort at Disney World. Even before I ever worked there, I kinda grew up there. My dad has been a musician there ever since I was really young, so my little sister and I would go to the show all the time. A lot has changed since I've been gone. All new dancers, but some of the same dances. It's always fun to go see the show.

Anyways, I worked there for about a year and half, but not as a dancer or musician. I was actually a photographer at the luau show. Crazy, I know, but I was just never the dancer type, and you have to be super good to be a musician there. They actually have the same musicians there from 20+ years ago. Those guys have it made. They get paid great, and all they have to do is play music and sing. That's why they've been there so long. Who would give that up? I'd love a job like that!

Anyways, we always visit when we take a trip home. I took a chance to take some photos at the show. It's nice to take photos with good stage lighting, and good looking people. Not much work involved on my part. Just snap away!

Well, now you know a little more about my past, and a little bit of my photography background! Still learning and growing everyday, and that's why I love it!

5 comments:

sepa said...

great shots, maka. any chance you'd post up the pix you took when you were a photographer of the show back in the day? :)

Maka said...

Sorry Sepa, I don't really have any of those photos. It wasn't that glamorous anyways. I just took photos of the guests that came to the luau mostly. I do have some of me and my hilarious uniform if you want to see them?

{Ne} said...

You should post those ones. I've seen them and you'll get a good laugh out of it.

Good job love.

daslit photography said...

Great shots Maka.. My sister that served in Florida says that only The GOOD LOOKING polys work in that show.. So you are one of the GOOD LOOKING ones huh? Sounds like you had a fun trip a vacation is always a good thing..

Leesha said...

wow! the photos look sooooo great. and i see you changed your logo.... i love it. congratulations!