5.19.2009

Teach them in their youth!





Our good friends, Fili and Pania Sagapolutele, are truly amazing people with 2 beautiful children, as well as all of these other kids in the UPI Dance Group! Is it fair for so much talent to come from one little family?

For the past several years, they have been teaching Polynesian dance to the youth, and a few adults here in the Utah County area. They have shared the culture, and traditions of the Islands, and helped many to fall in love with it.

I was fortunate that they asked me to take photos at their most recent recital, and it was awesome! These kids were very well prepared and very disciplined. Everything was perfect and it really was a joy to watch. I think one of the biggest benefits for me when I get to photograph these types of events, is that I get the best seat in the house!

Well, I'm not sure if it's been decided or not, but this may have been the last recital for the UPI dance group. Congratulations to Fili for recently graduating BYU Law School. He has so many great things ahead, and they were unsure if they would be able to keep up the school. I know many are hoping and praying that they do.

Thank you Fili and Pania for sharing your talent, culture and love with all of us and for teaching the youth! You're great role models for all of us on how to be great people. You're also great examples of hard work, higher education, and reaching for your goals! Good luck in everything that life has in store for you!

5 comments:

Reef Mama said...

geez Maka thanks for making a grown girl cry! Wow, just wow is all I can say. I Love LOVE the way you captured the recital- so creative, so dimensional! Your photos truly speak a million words. Talk about talent MR!
Thank you thank you again. You're just...wonderful!

Dasl*it Photography said...

Great pic Maka.. I could see the whole recital through your pictures.. Love it..

Lisa said...

Fili and Pania are amazing people indeed! Congrats to Fili for graduating from law school. These pictures are fabulous! Keep up the good work Maka! I'm excited to see where Fili and Pania go! They are so talented and kind!

The Lautaha's said...

WOW! These are AWESOME pictures...right on the mark, yet again Maka. :) It's so nice to see what Fili and Pania are doing! Haven't seen them since my last BYU Luau, what a wonderful update!

Kayleen Taulanga said...

Beautiful pix Maka! I like the one of the girl in the blue!