1.20.2009

Amazing Accomplishment!






















I got a text message about month or so ago, and it said "I'm getting my Eagle Scout!". I was extremely happy. I was privileged to have this young man in my Sunday School class I taught, as well as work with him as a leader in the YM's program at church. I loved that Sunday School Class. I worked with the 16-18 yr old class, and most people said they would not to be in my position. I can understand where they were coming from, but I found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. I developed real friendships with these young adults, and we had some great conversations.

Well, I am so proud of Saia! He will be the first to achieve the Eagle Scout in our ward. Our Samoan ward is only a few years old, and it is very exciting for everyone who knows this young man. I've known him to always want to do the right thing, although outside influences can be very distracting.

We had a fun photo shoot. I actually enjoyed just being able to talk to him. Finding out what his future plans are, and offer my own little words of wisdom. We had a good time catching up.

From what I understand, the Eagle Scout Award takes a lot of work. Sadly, I never earned mine. Something I always wish I had done. I think it's appropriate to celebrate Saia's accomplishment, and I know his family is very proud of him. Good job Saia! I am as proud of you as I would be my own son. You're a great example and I look forward to your Court of Honor, and the big party to celebrate with you!

1 comment:

Fili and Yolanda said...

Hi son-
never look back. Malachi is now your future. Together we'll make sure he achieves this high honor as well.
Remember you achieved high honors in cub scouts "Arrow of Light", the first to have gotten it in the 3rd ward.

mom