1.09.2009

Do what you love!

On Tuesday night, my wife and I had the opportunity to have dinner with a fellow photographer who does amazing work! Her name is Naomi Masina (Omi for short), and she is truly inspiring. Once a month she hosts dinner development meetings, where she is willing to share all her knowledge, and help in any way she can! My wife was originally going to go without me, but I decided to crash the party last minute. I was welcomed graciously, and I was happy for it! There was a small group of us, and it was nice to meet other people with common interests, and learn from them as well.

I was so impressed by Omi's drive and passion. She reminded me a lot of my wife. Jeane gets so excited about things she loves, and she is always looking for ways to be better. I could really see that photography is her passion. You won't find many people out there who are willing to share the way that she does.

Anyways.. something she said struck me to the core. She said, "Do what you love". I left the dinner thinking about it, and I really do love photography. I consider myself very blessed to be able to do something that I love, that brings happiness to me, as well as many other people. It provides me with a source of income and allows me time to enjoy all the other things I love, especially time with my family!

Well, I chose the photo above, because while I was shooting this wedding, I watched this lady sing her heart out. I could see that she really loved what she is doing. I find it inspiring to watch people "do" what they love.

Thank you to Omi for the great motivation, and ideas! Check out her blog by clicking on her name above. It's great and refreshing to meet such a wonderful person. If you haven't found what you love to do, take the time to try everything. So much joy comes when you see what it is that you truly love, and then you "do it"!

2 comments:

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

I totally agree with you! I'm glad we got to meet and I got to see Jeane again! It was a special treat. I would love to learn from you as well. You do amazing work! I also might be interested in the camera you are selling. Is it still available? Well take care and hope to see you soon.

Leti

Leesha said...

my hubby n i were actually just talking about my career goals, and where they were gonna fit into the family's needs. i had certain plans for my education and career that i thought would be the best move to provide for my children and take care of my husband, and he asked me about what my passion was, and what i really "LOVE TO DO." we decided that he was gonna work on providing a comfortable life for our family and i would focus on being the best mother i can be, and when the time comes i'll persue my passion for baking. i'm super excited about my NEW plans. culinary school, maybe i'll open a bakery, i dont know. the possibilities are endless and i'm stoked.
if everyone just did what they absolutely loved, the world would be such a happier place!