1.08.2009

Wedding Season Begins!




















I've already got the first wedding of the year done, and it was terrific, but wedding season has only just begun! I thought since I will start getting busy with shooting weddings, I'd share some of my favorite shots of weddings from recent history. There are so many shots that I love, but these really stood out to me as I was making my selections!

I really enjoy shooting weddings. They can be very stressful and chaotic, but I love the challenge. The part I really enjoy is the time I get to spend with the wedding couple. I spend more time with them on their wedding day than anybody else. I have some great conversations, and I also have a chance to impart some marital wisdom. I've only been married a little over 3 years, but that's much longer than the newlyweds, so I feel like an old vet when I'm talking with them.

My 2nd most favorite part of shooting weddings, is getting to know some great families. I've shot multiple weddings for a few different families, and it makes me happy that they appreciate my work enough to want me back! I enjoy seeing some of the same family members and feeling like an old member of the family myself.

I get a great sense of satisfaction when I receive emails or phone calls from these families letting me know how much they love their photos. It's a huge compliment because these are some of the most important memories of their lives. I smile when I think that they are happy to show off their wedding photos to all their friends.

I do get nervous before each wedding, because I always want to be sure that I can deliver "the goods". I take on the personal responsibility of making sure that the bride and groom (more so the bride), look their best on their special day! I love when I look back on the photos at the end of the day, and see some amazing images! I get so excited to share them with the families!

Anyways, I'm excited for another wedding season, and I look forward to where it might take me this summer. I've been fortunate to travel all across the country for weddings all over the place. We'll see where we go this summer!

1 comment:

taHiTiaN gAl said...

Hi Maka - I just wanted to comment on the photos. I am a photographer enthusiast in the working and hope to become one soon. I love your wedding photos. I believe that all wedding photogs should all be about the smiles. And you did an excellent job at depicting that.